5 Habits to Create Better Products Faster. Author: Hiten Shah, Co-Founder at KISSmetrics. Download from SlideShare ➞ http://adf.ly/150i4y
A presentation I did at the Products that Count meetup in SF. It's about the 5 habits that will help you create better products faster.
Published in: Technology, Small Business & Entrepreneurship
1. Five Habits to Create Be er Products Faster Hiten Shah
3. Product, Engineering, Marketing, Growth, Sales What do you do?
4. Find the critical problems your customers have and solve them be er than anyone else. This is your job.
5. An acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary. HABIT
12. Go Where Customers Are! Be Human. Help People. (9/2006)
13. TODO: Engage with your customers! Go to them. Don’t wait for them to come to you.
14. We try to work backwards from the customer, rather than starting with an idea for a product and trying to bolt customers onto it. Ian McAllister, Amazon Working Backwards
16. Focusing on outcome, rather than category, industry, or product type, lets you understand your real competitors. Intercom on Product Management Jobs to be Done
18. TODO: Find out what job(s) people hire your product for Helps deﬁne what customer’s want from your product in their own context.
19. 1. Always Start With Customers 2. Continuously Improve 3. Think Deeply 4. Use Data 5. Focus Five Product Habits
20. Start SMALL Iterate fast Don’t do this.
23. TODO: Create a minimal product which satisﬁes the job Build less to get product in customer’s hands sooner and you’ll learn more faster.
29. Updated Golden Motion Process We Used In 2012
30. FREEBIE: Idea to Release Product Development Process VIEW THE GOOGLE DOC:
31. FREEBIE: Project Status Template USE THE GOOGLE SPREADSHEET:
32. 1. Always Start With Customers 2. Continuously Improve 3. Think Deeply 4. Use Data 5. Focus Five Product Habits
34. TODO: Figure out how to reduce the number of steps Help people accomplish their goal with the least amount of steps. A ention spans are short. Every step counts.
35. Evolution of A/B Testing THE ORIGIN STORY
37. Google Website Optimizer went into beta in 2006
40. Optimizely started in 2010
44. What’s next for A/B Testing? We’re Thinking Deeply About…
45. TODO: Take the time to do thorough research up front It’s faster to research than to write code. Upfront depth prevents you from building the wrong things.
46. Making product people’s lives easier one product at a time.
47. 1. Always Start With Customers 2. Continuously Improve 3. Think Deeply 4. Use Data 5. Focus Five Product Habits
48. All product initiatives need a single metric and target goal. Steve Cox, VP of Product and Engineering at KISSmetrics
49. Data doesn’t make decisions for you.
50. Data informs your decision making.
51. Before You Build Anything, Make an Educated Guess.
53. TODO: Seek out data before you take any action. Whether you have data already or not, ﬁnding it and analyzing it to determine your next steps is critical.
54. 1. Always Start With Customers 2. Continuously Improve 3. Think Deeply 4. Use Data 5. Focus Five Product Habits
57. A company can only do one thing at a time. Arjun Sethi, Founder and Troublemaker
58. TODO: Are you are working on the right thing, right now? If you can’t answer this question, you should stop and reassess everything you are doing.
59. SIMPLE RULE OF BUSINESS GROWTH Easy to understand. Diﬃcult to execute. Focus +Sequence = Speed How fast you growWhat you choose to do The order in which you do those things
Make sure to subscribe to my channel if you liked the video!
Music Supplied by NoCopyrighSounds:
Artist Name: Kasger - Highland [NCS Release]
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agi-FWTLMh0
➞ Twitch http://twitch.tv/nocopyrightsounds
➞ Spotify http://bit.ly/SpotifyNCS
➞ SoundCloud http://soundcloud.com/nocopyrightsounds
➞ Facebook http://facebook.com/NoCopyrightSounds
➞ Twitter http://twitter.com/NCSounds
➞ Google+ http://google.com/+nocopyrightsounds
➞ Instagram http://instagram.com/nocopyrightsounds_
➞ SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/kaspergerlif
➞ Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Kasger
➞ Twitter https://twitter.com/Kasger
➞ YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/KasgerMusic
Tags: Technology, Small Business, Entrepreneurship, Five Habits to Create Better Products Faster, Products Faster, Create Better Products, small business ideas, small business marketing, small business startup, small business tips, small business success story, small business loans, small business accounting, small business seo, small business administration, small business online marketing, ...